Five Reasons Why You Should Select American Lamb:
1. IT’S FRESH. Family farmers and ranchers raise sheep in nearly every state, making fresh, local lamb available wherever you are. Fifty percent of the lamb consumed in the United States is imported from Australia and New Zealand. American Lamb is up to 10,000 miles and 30 days fresher than imported product.
2. IT’S AVAILABLE YEAR-ROUND. Because sheep are adapted to a wide range of climates and environments, you can get fresh American Lamb year-round.
3. IT’S FLAVORFUL. American Lamb is known for its mild yet distinctive flavor.
4. IT’S LARGER. American sheep are bred for meat production. Thus, American Lamb is larger than imported lamb and offers impressive plate presentation.
5. IT’S GOOD STEWARDSHIP. Sheep improve pasture and rangeland by cycling vital nutrients back through the soil, minimizing erosion and encouraging native plant growth. Sheep grazed on a variety of nutrient-dense grasses, legumes and forage will produce succulent, tender meat.
LAMBURGERS. LAMB RIBS. LAMB RAVIOLI. FIND THESE AND ADDITIONAL MENU-INSPIRING RECIPES AT WWW.AMERICAN LAMB.COM
American Lamb Board
6300 E. Yale Avenue, Suite 110
Denver, CO 80222