Other awards announced at the management firm’s annual Leadership Conference included Mike Fleig of Greeley CC as General Manager of the Year, Ryan Szydlowski of Desert Willow Golf Resort as Golf Professional of the Year, and Blayne Sparks of The Wilderness at Lake Jackson as Superintendent of the Year.
The ACE Club in Lafayette Hills, Pa. was named Facility of the Year by KemperSports to highlight the annual awards announced by the Northbrook, Ill.-based management firm at its recent Leadership Conference.
Individual awards conferred at the annual awards dinner, which was held at The Glen Club in Glenview, Ill., included naming Mike Fleig of Greeley (Colo.) Country Club as the James R. Seeley General Manager of the Year; Ryan Szydlowski of Desert Willow Golf Resort, Palm Desert, Calif., as the Emil Esposito Golf Professional of the Year; and Blayne Sparks of The Wilderness at Lake Jackson (Texas) as Superintendent of the Year.
Other awards included:
- Retailer of the Year – Royal Melbourne Country Club, Long Grove, Ill.
- Salesperson of the Year – Heather Peterson, Oakmont Golf Club, Santa Rosa, Calif.
- Hospitality Professional of the Year – Marlen Herrera, The Buckingham Club, Chicago, Ill.
- James S. Kemper Staffer of the Year – Erica Espe, Heron Glen Golf Course, Ringoes, N.J.
- Green to a Tee Award – Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, Bandon, Ore.
- Mady Lesnik Home Office Staffer of the Year – Shawn Richter
“We are truly honored to recognize these deserving facilities and staff with our annual awards,” said KemperSports CEO Steve Skinner. “Their commitment to providing an unmatched guest experience has remained the foundation of our company for almost 40 years.”
The awards dinner culminated a three-day gathering of leadership training and best-practice exchanges for more than 150 general managers and home-office staff from KemperSports properties throughout the U.S.