Club & Resort Business, an independent, multi-platform brand covering the operations and management of country clubs, golf resorts and courses, and city and yacht clubs, has an immediate opening for a mid-level editorial/digital manager.
Club and Resort Business was established as a monthly magazine in 2005 and its brand has since grown to now also include a robust website (www.clubandresortbusiness.com) and full social-media presence, daily and weekly e-newsletters, the annual Chef to Chef Conference (now in its 11th year, and supported by www.CheftoChefConference.com), and Chef to Chef, a quarterly magazine for club food-and-beverage operations.
The position will include these duties and responsibilities:
- Primary direction and management of the brand’s websites, e-newsletters and social-media outlets, including creation of new content and targeted initiatives for monetizing these platforms.
- Monthly editorial and production duties for Club & Resort Business magazine, including news and feature writing, coordination of regular departments, assignments/coordination with freelance contributors, page layout, and final-page preparation, uploading and approval with printer
- Year-long involvement with promotion and preparation of attendee and speaker materials for the annual Chef to Chef Conference
- Photography for in-person events, including the Excellence in Club Management Awards, Chef to Chef Conference, and industry trade shows
To execute these duties and responsibilities successfully, candidates must be fully capable with InDesign/Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Word/PowerPoint/Office, WordPress, MailChimp and supporting programs, as well as digital photography.
Experience with/exposure to aspects of the club, resort, golf, hospitality and/or food-and-beverage businesses is a plus.
In addition to a competitive salary, annual bonus opportunities, full health benefits and the opportunity to participate in a 401(k) plan, the successful candidate will earn these benefits:
- Extensive travel opportunities
- Career growth opportunities within an agile and growing company (Harbor Communications also publishes Convenience Store Decisions and has launched several other successful business-to-business ventures in its 13-year history, and is continually seeking new revenue streams)
- Possible opportunity to work at home or remotely
- Full vacation privileges, around production and event deadlines and dates
The position would report directly to the Editor of Club & Resort Business and indirectly to the Publisher/President, with immediate and ongoing support from the company’s Creative Director and Director of Digital Operations.
Interested candidates should send details on their education and work experience, salary requirements, and insights into how they think they could contribute to the continued growth of this leading and highly respected business-to business brand, to firstname.lastname@example.org