1 cup dry bulgar
8 cups finely chopped kale
3 cups chopped Persian cucumber
1 1/2 cups finely chopped mint
1 cup chopped scallions
1 cup olive oil
2 1/2 tsp. salt
Pepper to taste
2 Fresh California Avocados, peeled, seeded*
Cherry tomato halves (optional)
Feta cheese (optional)
- Soak the dry bulgur in the juice of 3 lemons for 30-60 minutes.
- Stir in the kale, cucumber, mint, scallions, olive oil, salt and pepper. Juice the remaining lemon and add to taste.
- Add cherry tomatoes if using.
- Let salad marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- When ready to serve, cut avocados into large chunks and place on top of salad. Sprinkle with feta cheese if using. Serve.
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about 8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados adjust the quantity accordingly.