6-8 oz. tilapia filet
2 each 13 inch tortilla shell
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Lemon – juice and zest
1 tablespoon fresh thyme
For the filling:
1 ripe avocado diced
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 cup raw spinach
2 Tablespoon sliced carrot
2 Tablespoon crushed toasted almond 6 slices tomato
For the dressing:
1 Tablespoon plain yogurt
1 teaspoon flaxseed
1 teaspoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon Tobasco hot sauce
Thinly Sliced Red Onion
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. You can also heat the grill or use a non-stick pan.
- Rub Tilapia filet with olive oil, salt, pepper, and top with fresh thyme. Place in oven and bake for 18 minutes until flakey.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the filling ingredients in a single bowl. Whisk together the dressing and toss lightly with filling ingredients (you may not need all the dressing).
- Lay the burrito shells on a large countertop and top with filling ingredients. Top with hot fish when out of oven. Drizzle with more sauce if needed.
- Roll burritos and grill/sear on the outside until warm and toasted. Slice in the center and garnish.
Recipe courtesy of Regal Springs Tilapia