4 Idaho® potatoes thin sliced lengthwise
2 pounds melted, clarified butter
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons barbecue sauce
1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon Champagne vinegar 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon salt
1 cup cilantro, chopped and slightly chilled
- Slice potatoes and hold in water.
- Combine dry spices and BBQ sauce; put mixture into labeled shaker or plastic baggie.
- Heat butter to 320°F in a fryer.
- Dry slices well and place in fryer until golden brown; turn several times.
- Drain chips well after frying.
- In metal bowl, toss lightly with vinegar, then spice mixture.
- Top with cilantro.
Recipe courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission